Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Hba1c test today

Today is the day, people.

I have to go up to London for my hospital appointment this morning and in this appointment I will find out what my Hba1c is. I am so nervous because I know that it's going to be really terrible. I started off doing fantastic and I really felt that I had got the control back but it's all gone down hill this past month and a half.

It's such a slippery slope for me when it comes to controlling my blood sugars; I don't know why but it is. I just wish I knew! Why do I struggle so much and other people don't?! It frustrates me so much. I really wanted a bunny rabbit too but I know that's not going to happen now because my Hba1c is probably going to be so freakishly high again like it was the last time. I'm not saying this in a "I've given up" way, this is just a little rant.

This morning I woke up at 6.3mmols which I couldn't be happier about, and I actually did my insulin and I tested after breakfast too and I was 7.0mmols, so that's a start. I have to do this! I just need to get my Hba1c down by September which is most probably my next appointment. Wait let me check my blood sugar now and see what they stand at...they're 7.9mmols. You see!? I woke up at 6.3mmols all I ate was a yoghurt for breakfast, gave my insulin for that, tested after...7.0mmols, test now and they have crept all the way up to 7.9?! How!?

Oh well, I suppose I will just have to correct. It will come down, it just takes time. I WILL get a Hba1c lower than 7%. Never give up.

-Ellie
[Peace&Insulin]

No comments:

Post a Comment